(CECIL, Md.)- An explosion goes off at a home Friday morning at 4:37, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

The fire was reported at an one-story, rancher style dwelling along Pulaski Highway, North East in Cecil County, according to the incident report.

The occupants were upstairs when they heard a small explosion, upon investigating they discovered heavy smoke in the basement, police said.

Both exited the home and called 911. The fire was contained to the dehumidifier. Extensive smoke and soot damage throughout the home. A smoke alarm was present and operating, said police. It took 25 firefighters about 5 minutes to put out the fire.

A preliminary investigation reveals the blaze was accidental; due to electrical failure of dehumidifier.

Authorities say no injuries were reported. As for the damage, the Office of the State Fire Marhsal has reported it to be $5,000.00.