(Bridgeville, Del) - The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating a single vehicle crash that killed an infant and injured two others.

The incident occurred around 12:45 p.m., Friday September 11, 2015, as Liliana M. Ramos-Ramirez, 22 of Bridgeville, was operating a 2000 Toyota Celica southbound on Oak Road approximately one half mile south of Rifle Range Road. For unknown reasons, the car drove off the west edge of the roadway where it struck a ditch and continued in a southerly direction before striking a utility pole causing the car to overturn.

Upon the vehicle overturning, Britney L. Velasquez-Ramos, a 3 month old female child of the operator, who was seated in a child restraint but not properly restrained in the seat and not properly secured to the vehicle, was ejected from the seat and the vehicle and landed in some grass west of the roadway. She was removed from the scene by EMS and transported to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Amy M. Velasquez-Ramos, a 1 1/2 year old female child of the operator, was seated in a car seat that was not properly secured to the vehicle and remained inside the car upon it coming to a stop. She was airlifted from the scene by Delaware State Police Aviation (Trooper 2) to A.I. DuPont Hospital where she was admitted for undetermined injuries.

Liliana Ramos-Ramirez was not properly restrained and was not ejected. She was transported to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital where she was treated and released with non-life-threatening injuries. She was later transported back to Troop 5 in Bridgeville where she was charged with Driving Without a Valid License, Operation of a Vehicle Causing Death to Another Person, Child Under 8 and 65 lbs. must be in Child Restraint, and Inattentive Driving. She was arraigned at JP2 and released on $1,000.00 bond. (No photo is available at this time)

The Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing their investigation into this incident. Oak Road in the area of the crash was closed for approximately three and a half hours while the incident was investigated and cleared.