Milford Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Arrest
MILFORD, Del.- Milford police have arrested an Ellendale man on DUI and drug charges following a traffic stop.
Officers say on Oct. 5, Demetrio R. Stewart, 39, was pulled over after he was driving the wrong way on a one-way street (Northwest 3rd St.).
Police say Stewart initially provided a false name, but officers later learned his true identity and the fact he was wanted by the Sussex County Court of Common Pleas.
Further investigation conducted during the stop determined Stewart was reportedly operating the vehicle while impaired and was in possession of crack cocaine.
Stewart was arrested and charged with:
- Criminal Impersonation
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Driving a Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Failure to Have Registration Card in Possession
- Driving the Wrong Way on a One Way Road
- Drive Over / Upon Curb
Stewart was presented at the Justice of the Peace Court #7, where bail was set at $2,352 unsecured. Stewart is scheduled to appear at the Kent County Court of Common Pleas in December for an arraignment.